The RomanIslam Library is a Reference Library (Sonderstandort: ESA-1 HG R 10c).
Core Subjects: Ancient History, Islamic History, (Historical) Empire Studies
The center collects specialist literature relevant to the research enquiries of fellows and staff active at the RomanIslam Center and provides access to the university's librabries. Our collections are recorded in the online catalogue of the University of Hamburg. They are made available on-site to members of the university and external visitors.
Please contact email@example.com (katharina.mewes"AT"uni-hamburg.de)prior to your visit.
Full catalogue (Stabi)
Academics at the RomanIslam Center are welcome to make use of the excellent library resources available in Hamburg.
- The State and University Library Hamburg Carl von Ossietzky (Stabi) is the largest academic library in Hamburg and serves as the central lending library for the University of Hamburg and the city's other higher education institutions, as well as being a general academic library for the citizens of the city and the metropolitan region.
- In the Beluga Catalogue you can find books and media that are in the Stabi, the specialist libraries and numerous other libraries in Hamburg. You can also find several million electronic documents there, which are sometimes free for you to access.
- In the Common Union Catalogue (GVK) you can find the holdings of seven states in northern Germany, including Hamburg. Interlibrary loans can be ordered via the GVK.
- The Electronic Journal Library (currently the search engine is only available in German) gives you easy access to freely available and licensed electronic journals. Please note that part of this is only available to members of the library system via remote access.
- The Database Info System gives you easy access to freely available and licensed databases. Please note that part of this is only available to members of the library system via remote access.
Academic Libraries in Hamburg:
- State and University Library "Carl von Ossietzky"
- Philosophy, History, Classics
- Centre for the Study of Manuscript Cultures
- Cultural Studies
- Spanish & Portuguese Literature
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (Archive for Greek Lexicography)
- Hamburger Instituts für Sozialforschung